Sunday, January 19, 2014

Crushin': New Romanticism

(1, 2)

This board took a turn I wasn't expecting, but in the end I guess it's a pretty good reflection of what I've been into lately: all things super girly, gold, and a little bit luxurious. Its been unusually warm lately so I've been taking little walks during my lunch breaks and just trying to be out a bit more in general. I've finally bought tickets to go back to the States for 12 days in March so I'm already preparing my bucket and wish lists! 

On the hunt for a new bag and I'm kicking myself for not ordering the Falconwright golden eye clutch from their FW2013 collection. I'm really into this eyeballs-on-everything trend going round! Speaking of gold, I'm thinking of ordering myself a bauble or two from Catbird soon. I've never been one to splurge on jewelry but I'm much more interested these days in spending more on less, and getting items that will last longer (or in this case, forever). 

I recently scored some Stella McCartney delicates at a ridiculous discount (like 27€ for 190€ worth of stuff) and it's kind of sent me into a lingerie-obsessed spiral. I'm really into the idea of updating & upgrading my lingerie drawer and having pieces that are not just a necessity to wear, but a pleasure. This Huit set is pricey, but so gorgeous.

The MCMC Dude No. 1 Cologne might be made for guys but I'm not sure I can resist it! It's described as having top notes of cedarwood, sandalwood, and vetiver, with base notes of ginger, pink peppercorn, and Moroccan rose. So, basically, it might be my ideal scent. As for beauty, I've been wearing as few products as I can get away with lately, and I think the Phoenix Botanicals lip tint and blush sounds so easy, breezy. Also, how beautiful is that tin? 

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful board! I've been feeling pretty girly myself recently, it's all flowers and cake constantly. I think Fieldguided might be onto something, ha. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lingerie is gorgeousssssssss <3 pure love

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that pouch too! i think it actually would be a cool diy project, stitching eyes should be quick enough.
    also, everytime i see cool perfume notes like the one you mention here i'm like 'dude i need to start trying making my own perfume with essential oils' 2014 resolution it is!

    ReplyDelete