Saturday, January 4, 2014

Lip Service


While it hasn't been especially cold in Paris lately, there's been a definite change in the air and my skin can't seem to get enough moisture. I've been keeping at least two lip balms within reach at all times, adding some new products into the mix to try out alongside old standbys.

Smith's Rosebud Salve is a product I've been a fan of for a long time. The name is a little misleading as there's nothing rose derived within the formula (as far as I can tell), but this little gem is moisturizing, pale pink in hue, and made in my home state of Maryland  so, a recipe for success! I finally have the tube version after years of having a love/hate relationship with the classic tin (so cute, but so impractical). I know a lot of people argue this is just fancy petroleum jelly, but I don't find the consistency as sticky or heavy as that. This is perfect for giving my lips just a little hint of shine and hydration over the course of the day.


The EOS Balm in Sweet Mint is a new kid on the block. Mint is one of my favorite scents and flavors so I was pretty excited about trying this one. The packaging is cute, though a little gimmicky. Honestly, I've kind of lost interest in solid balms as they're never really moisturizing enough for me, but this is nice to have in my bag as I don't need to use my fingers to apply.


After hearing over and over again about how great the Korres Lip Butters are, I had to try one. I kind of hemmed and hawed over ordering one of these because several of the scents/colors appealed to me, but in the end, WIld Rose won out, and I have to say this is unlike any balm I've tried before. It isn't greasy at all, but rather gel-like, and I like that it's soft straight from the pot and doesn't need warming up. It's really moisturizing without feeling heavy on the lips and the color is so natural and pretty.


I've been using the Nuxe Reve de Miel for a few months now and it's another one of those products that's just as good as everyone says it is. I really love to apply this one at night before bed as it's the heaviest and does the best job of nourishing my lips. The texture is a little gritty from the pot, but once you apply it that goes away. It's also got a nice matte finish, which makes it the perfect base for lipstick.


Got a favorite lip balm? Tell me what it is! 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try the Korres Lip Butters, I just ordered two (one being Wild Rose) as I too was drawn in by the hype! Right now I'm using a Body Shop option which is nothing special, but it does the job I suppose!

    thunderl0ve

    ReplyDelete