Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Morning Skincare Routine


A few months back I wrote a post about a few items that were currently in my skincare rotation. So far, it's been my most successful post on this blog. I only started getting into skincare a little over a year ago, and it's taken me this long to find a morning routine that I'm really happy with, so I thought I'd share it with you!

I know it's basically a cardinal sin in the beauty world to only wash your face once a day, but I do what works for me. If my skin is feeling congested or I've used an oil the night before, I'll give my skin a proper cleanse the next morning with REN's cleansing milk or something similar. Otherwise I just give my face a sweep with some Bioderma and follow it up with a rosewater toner. I then press two drops of Mevita's Extraordinary Water into my skin.

My day-time moisturizer for the last year or so has been REN's Osmotic Infusion Ultra-Moisture Day Cream. It's really lightweight and absorbs well, so I can't complain, but admittedly it's not a part of my routine that I feel particularly passionate about.

Over the last few months I've been having regular cystic breakouts on my chin. It's never more than one spot at a time, but that's still one too many for me. I've heard these types of breakouts are usually the result of a hormonal imbalance, but I also found a few cases in which they were linked to too much exposure to flouride. I decided to try switching over to a natural toothpaste from Weleda to see what happens, and so far, so good. I'll have to update this after a few months of regular use... I also forgot to include my sunscreen, which is La Roche-Posay's Anthelios Melt-In SPF 30. It's really great, but I wish I remembered to wear it more often.

Got any suggestions? What are your morning skincare must-haves?

2 comments:

  1. I love bioderma and that cleanser! it sorts my skin out in no time! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had never heard that fluoride could cause breakout, that is scary! i finally switched to a natural toothpaste as well a few months back and its not as bad as i thought it would be!

    ReplyDelete